Saturday, February 6, 2010

There is a link between Massachusetts and California. This link is the Grand Army Highway Route 6, the second longest highway in the USA. I basically grew up at the base of this link in CA, a small, sweet country town by the name of Bishop. Little did I ever know I would end up clear across the country-close enough to this sign's mate near Provincetown, MA! If you review the demographics of Bishop; median home price range, income and education levels-it doesn't look like much. But if you look at photographs of Bishop and immediate surrounding areas, I would have to say this small town is packed with true natural beauty. According to National Geographic it was ranked as one of the 50 top Adventure towns to live in. This is a town where everybody knows your name and one smiles and says "hello" to a stranger.

This picture was taken by my sister, Karyn, at the end of my holiday visit this year. I will always remember this photographic moment for more reasons than I wish to divulge here. However, after this photo was taken we drove 4 hours to Los Angeles to catch a direct flight from LAX (5 hours) to Boston. Door to door the trip to my hometown is a 12 hour journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment